Thursday, April 19, 2007

10 Days Later

Wow, I can't believe it's been another 10 days since I last posted. I don't even know what I have been doing since I last posted, but let me try and remember. Well, last time I posted I was just coming off spring break. Monday I had to go into work early (Sam had to take the kids to school in SB and it is just easier for me to go in early then for her to wake the baby up, put him in the car, drive around for 2 or 3 hours and then come home). Tuesday was school which was long, but fine. Wednesday I went into work later (10am) and ended up working late (Sam and Helmuth had a dinner meeting to go to). They ended up getting home really late (10pm) which made it a really long day. School the next day was just business as usual. Friday at work was nice because grandma was there. Whenever grandma is there I do about half of the work I normally do, which some people would think is sort of invasive, but she lets me do my thing so it's all good.

The weekend was sort of busy. Saturday I did a ton of housework all morning (which I will be repeating this weekend) and then went to my dad's boy's soccer game. The boys didn't play as well as they have been, but the game wasn't that bad. After the game, my dad and I drove down to Northridge for a play that I had to go to. The play was an original adaptation of the short story The Very Old Man With Enormous Wings. Basically the story is about a fallen angel that a couple finds and uses as a sideshow act. The short story is really good, but kinda dark. The play was absolutely horrible! I could not stand sitting there and watching it. They added characters and made it into a circus. I thought I was on an acid trip the whole time. Thank goodness it was only one act that was only an hour long, but still it was the longest hour I have sat through in a ling time. Sunday was a normal Sunday. Community and then homework. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I was taking a lifeguard certification class. All I can say about that is I am glad it's over. I am so exhausted I could probably sleep the rest of the day and still be tired. Well, that was the last 10 days. I'll try and post a little more often again.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Was the short story originally in Spanish? I think that I read it in Spanish 4 AP.