Thursday, March 22, 2007

Half Way There; Going Nowhere

This last Tuesday marked the halfway mark for this semester. Actually I think technically, it is a little before half, but I finished off my midterms on Tuesday which makes me think that I am halfway done. I had three midterms on Tuesday!!! It was WILD! My first was in Human Physiology (actually her test is more of just an exam cause she gives four, but Big tests are basically midterms anyway). I felt that I did well on that test which left me confident for the rest of the day. My next midterm was right after the first; History of Latin America. For this midterm I was supposed to read two novels/historically based books on Latin America and the first half of our text book. Seeing how I only really read on of these books and just skimmed the other two, I have to say I was a little worried. It's always nice knowing the essay questions before hand though so you know what you should or shouldn't be preparing for. I felt alright after that test and got to relax a little in Dance (hehe, yeah relax... you should see me in that class... it's hilareous; actually I am getting quite good). My last final wasn't until 4:30 so I got to spend my boring break studying. Again this was an essay exam in which I was given the questions before hand (she gave us 8 questions, said only four would be on the exam, we had to write on two of them; then she told us that two specific ones would definitely be on the exam... meaning those were the two I was going to study). I actually planned out both of my answers before hand while sitting inside Starbucks which left me feeling super confident for the actual exam. I got to class and my professor told us that she wasn't going to lecture after the final after all (she was originally planning on lecturing after the final). After going over our new syllabus, we were able to take our midterm which I charged through with the utmost confidence. I finished early feeling that I had sufficiently answered my two questions and then I went home. I was so fried from my three midterms I couldn't handle my last class of the day so I ditched. I actually called my sister to motivate me to go to class, but she was too busy to talk to me so I just went home. Oh well... I know I didn't miss much. But all in all it was a good week.

2 comments:

ATSmith said...

Ahhh ... such a good feeling! At least you can breathe a little until finals come : )

Katie said...

Hey, so what kind of dance class are you taking? I'm thinking maybe Dave and I should try one out.