Friday, March 16, 2007

WICKED!!!!!

Last night I had the wonderful pleasure of seeing the award winning musical WICKED! I saw it once before when the touring cast came through LA, but now that it is in LA on a semi-permanent stay, and I was required to see it for school (well... I was required to see a "professional production"... she wanted us to see Wicked but it didn't really matter what "professional production" we saw). I got to go down and see it with my sister Janae (Sarah was supposed to go with me, but she got sick and very selflessly gave her ticket to Janae - Sarah saw it with me before and Janae had never seen it).

I have to say that this was a superb production (I know you're jealous cause I just got to use the word "superb" - how many times do you get to use that word?). Eden Espinosa (she played Elphaba - the Wicked Witch of the West) was absolutely amazing. I definitely liked her performance a lot better then Stephanie J. Block's (she played Elphaba when I saw it last time). Megan Hilty was also amazing in her role of Glinda ("the Ga is silent" - sorry, you have to see the show to understand what that means) the Good Witch of the North. Among the other cast members are Carol Kane as Madame Morrible, John Rubinstein as the Wizard, Jenna Leigh Green as Nessarose (the Wicked Witch of the East), and Adam Wylie as Boq (for full cast bios just click on the link). I can't really say what my favorite part of the play was because there were so many! All the little Glinda-isms are always a knee slapper (a Glinda-ism is a normal word that Glinda will throw some random suffix on to make it a word that doesn't even exist). I also love all of Elphaba's little smartalick remarks ("Well not everyone can travel by Bubble!" and "Well... There's no place like Home right?").

I could talk about this show for hours and hours, but I have midterms coming up (three on Tuesday!!!!) and I need to spend this time studying. But it was definitely a great night that I will remember for a long time!

No comments: