Monday, June 02, 2008

To Barge (v.)

To Barge - verb - orig: Ojai
a combination of two words, Charge and Barn... To charge to a distant location for no apparent reason other than having a fun like a barn or barnacle.

Last week Amber Carlson and I decided it would be fun to barge up to the closest Sonic. She had never been to Sonic before and we both had the day off (well, she had the day off... I have everyday off...) so we figured, what better day than today to go for a nice two hour drive up the 33. The 33 was beautiful! Everything was super green and the wild flowers are all blooming. Two hours and 5 counties (yes, we drove through 5 counties...) later, we arrived at the sketchiest area in the middle of Bakersfield, CA right across the street from Happy Mart... I know this sounds super pointless and random, but that's what barges are all about... It was great getting to know Amber better and it was a great addition to my small but growing list of random road-trips...

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

To "barge" is a new one for me. I thought it was to "trudge." New words are popping up all of the time. There's a building I saw in Paris, France, that has people in it who are dedicated to keeping slang out of the French dictionary. In America, we have new words added every year! What does that say about us? Hmmm.....