Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas

I have always struggled with Christmas time... I can't stand the commercialization of Christmas... The hustle and bustle drives me nuts and people have always called me a Grinch or Scrooge because of it... It usually starts with the early playing of Christmas music that just pushes me over the edge. But this year, I really asked God to kinda work on my heart about the whole hatred towards Christmas thing and I really can say that I am happy that it's Christmas time. I am looking forward to spending time with my family and friends. And I have finally found some Christmas music that I not only can stand, but really like!

So in honor of Christmas time, here are some of my new favorite Christmas arrangements. Enjoy!



Erin McCarley - "Little Drummer Boy"
(Also see Katie Herzig's version of "Silent Night")



Seabird - "Joy to the World"
(Seabird's "Over the Hills and Everywhere" Christmas album is fantastic... So different from what anyone is used to, but so beautiful!)

Also look for Matthew Perryman Jones' "O Holy Night," Jill Phillips' "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear," and Many Mann's "O Come All Ye Faithful" on the "Your King Has Come" album. Absolutely beautiful!


Ingrid Michaelson - "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

1 comment:

TheMicrophone said...

yay! my sister is sleeping right now, or i'd bust out the unusual carols... but i'm really looking forward to hearing what caught your ear. =) Christmas kinda bugs me too... I don't really get what all the hype is about, especially since so little of it feels like worshipping God.