Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Visuals


The older I get, the more I realize how much I like visuals. If I can see or imagine how something looks and works, it makes more sense to me. Even with math stuff, I ask people to send me a picture text in order to help them with little problems because I have to see the problem in order to understand it and explain it.

I realize now how much the same goes in my relationship with Christ. It's hard to be such a visual person and not be able to see and understand everything about Him. So I struggle. But sometimes I come across songs, quotes, or devotionals that paint a picture for me. See, I am a visual person, but I am not a creative person. I don't have a great imagination. I struggle to compare this thing that I can't see to things I can understand. And maybe that's ok. I don't think we can or are supposed to compare God to things we can see and understand because He is so much bigger than all of that. I don't think I (or anyone else for that matter) will ever fully comprehend what this really is. Which sucks. But, for now, I have songs like this that paint a beautiful picture of what this is...

THE MORE I SEEK YOU

The more I seek You
The more I find You
The more I find You
The more I love You

I wanna sit at Your feet
Drink from the cup in Your hand.
Lay back against You and breath,
Hear Your heart beat

This love is so deep
It's more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace, it's overwhelming

No comments: