Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Moment of Joy

My last post was a little depressing so I thought I would share a moment of joy with you. Yesterday afternoon as I was rounding up the girls for dinner (22-1 can be a little difficult), I ran into a Chinese couple who were looking for one of my students. I knew that this girl was going home for the weekend (but with her, going home means going to her sister's house), but I didn't recognize either of these people. I went to her room and told her someone was here that I didn't recognize. She was a little confused but when she saw the woman, she got so excited and ran up to her and embraced her. They were chatting in Chinese and I was awkwardly in the way, then she asked if her father could come into the dorm. At that moment I realized that these were her parents and I let them have their little reunion. It might sound like not that big of a deal, but to see the joy and happiness on this students face, it really made my day.

I am on sleepovers this weekend, so I am here the whole weekend which is hard, but ok. I am tired, but I will get by. On another wonderful note, my dad got a new job. I don't think I blogged about it, but he got laid off about three weeks ago and he has been looking and praying for the last few weeks. He is now going to be working the third shift (9pm-6am) for Channel Island Surfboards in Carpinteria. He'll be running the machines that cut out and shape the surf boards. It was definitely a God thing for him to find this job so thank you for those of you who were praying about it. Please continue to pray that this will be a good fit. Pray that his sleeping patterns can be adjusted easily and that our family can adjust to this new and exciting change.

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

that is so awesome about the girl's parents coming to see her!! I bet she felt very loved and cared for.

Yippee for your dad!!