Friday, April 17, 2009

Never Judge a Book By It's Cover

Today, Sharon at Forest Home showed me this video. I am sure some of you who keep up with the news have heard of this lady, but if you haven't (or even if you have) you have to watch this video on YouTube of a great singer named Susan Boyle. Now, there are a few reasons why I like this lady: 1) She is 47 years old and still pursuing her dream of becoming a singer, 2) she lives alone with her cat and is a little nutty, 3) she sings I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables (which is one of my all time fav songs!), and 4) NO ONE thought "now this is going to be a good singer" when she walked out onto the stage. It sucks how much we judge people by their apperence. Susan Boyle walked out on that stage and was literally laughed at and judged by everyone in the theater (and probably everyone watching the show), but she was a rock star and pulled out a very difficult song with nothing but class!

I spent the last week at Forest Home here in Ojai. I got to hang out with 5th graders all week and I loved it! Outdoor Ed was so much fun! I got to teach a drama class which was super fun because I got to be in the teacher role for once and from what I heard, I did a good job. Lifeguarding everyday was great and I got some much needed sun (still need some more but it the tan will get there... don't worry...). Changing 4 times a day, teaching classes, learning tye dye, running zip line, lifeguarding, campfires... Couldn't have been any better! Can't wait for summer!

1 comment:

Eschew obfuscation! said...

fantastic! amazing! beautiful!
she certainly does have class. =)