Thursday, February 04, 2010

What's New?

What do people ask you when you see them? Hi! How are you? What's New? What kind of question is that? And how are you supposed to answer it? I mean, sometimes (depending on who's asking you) you can actually fill people in on the daily changes in your life. But to be honest, it's so hard to fill someone in in the two minutes of shop talk that you usually get with them.

So What's New? Well, my grandma moved into our house yesterday. She has been having some trouble remembering things for the last couple months and has been having some health issues and she can't really live alone anymore. My mom went with her to the neurologist on Wednesday and got some semi-good news. Well, the scans showed that most of her medical issues and mental issues can be attributed to mini-strokes that have been occurring for some time now. While that might not sound like the best news ever, it's actually the first real concrete answer we have gotten about what's actually causing her problems. For now she is living with us and trying to gain some weight and sharpen her declining brain functions. Please be in prayer for her. Pray that her meds will work and reverse the memory loss. Also pray for her because she is slightly depressed from crazy family stuff.

On a more fun/happy note, I about died in my Math and Fine Arts class today. My professor (who happens to be the head of the Math dept.) came into class and started lecturing. It didn't take long for me to notice that the back of her skirt was tucked into her tights. Now it was a long skirt so it's not like her butt was hanging out for the whole class to see, but you could definitely see up to about her knees. I really wanted to tell her that her skirt was messed up but I didn't really know how. Normally I would whisper to someone to let them know without embarrassing them too much, but she literally lectured the whole time. So what did I do? Absolutely nothing. I know, I am a jerk and I am sure one day something like that will happen to me. I just hope someone is nicer then me (and the other 29 people in my class) and they'll let me know.

No comments: