Monday, February 28, 2011

Engaged - Incomplete

Friday night I got a text from my very good friend, Pam: "I'M ENGAGED!!!! :-)" She (and I) knew it would happen sometime this year, but she (we) was so surprised by this proposal. Alex flew out to Boston to surprise her and successfully came back engaged. They are a wonderful couple with God at the very center of their relationship. I love them both so much and I couldn't be happier for them.

Despite an overabundance of joy for my friends, I must confess that I did have to fight some feelings of being inadequate and incomplete in my singleness. I know these thoughts are lies; I have been made complete by Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross and I am accepted and loved by God (which I had to continually remind myself of this weekend). Nevertheless, these horrible thoughts entered my mind and I have been struggling to overcome them. It doesn't help that the world and everything around me tells me that I am incomplete as a single woman. But I am pushing through it and am trying to focus on the great things that God is doing around and through me; not to mention how happy I am for the soon to be Pam and Alex Vaughn.

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

love your honesty