Friday, March 04, 2011

Feeling the Love

Have you ever gotten a great hug?

A hug where someone holds you tight and doesn't let go?

Not in a creepy, trying to be awkward way. And not in a romantic way either. But in a, I haven't seen you in a long time and I have missed you kind of way. I'm not talking about the, I'm so excited to see you so we are going to sway here hugging each other kind of hug either. It's the I love and care about you, friend hug, where you just stand there holding onto each other for awhile. I know it's not very descriptive (or maybe it's too descriptive), but I got one of those hugs today, and while I wanted to pull away (because that is our natural response right? To pull away after a quick pat on the back hug...) I couldn't. I was blown away by the amount of love that I felt from that single hug.

I wish I could get more hugs like that.

No comments: