Thursday, March 31, 2011

Buy You A Drink...

So I don't really do the "bar scene" but I go to bars when the band is playing (and I'm not working) to sell merch, do sound, and just kinda help out. So I've been to my share of bars recently and tonight was the first time that someone offered to buy me a drink...

No, no... It wasn't a romantic, gross, "I'm trying to pick you up" kind of offer. I was chatting with this guy about the band (cause I was doing sound) and he offered to buy me a drink. I was sort of caught off guard by that proposal and didn't really know how to respond. What are you supposed to do when someone offers to buy you a drink? I mean, in one sense, at the time, I was sort of representing the band to someone who was interested in knowing more about the band and turning him down might reflect poorly on the band. On the other hand, I am my own person and not a part of the band and if I don't want a drink I can politely and respectfully say "No thank you." What would you do if someone offered to buy you a drink?

I took the drink.

No comments: