Monday, April 25, 2011

Regret

I just registered for my last semester of my Undergraduate degree at CSUCI and I have to say, I feel pretty good about it. As of right now (still waiting to hear back on my graduation application), I am taking 4 classes; one online, two are only one day a week, and the fourth is two days a week. Meaning I will only have to be at school two days a week. It's a dream schedule and I am really praying that it works out.

Right now I am feeling pretty good, but a couple of weeks ago, I was starting to feel a bit of regret in regards to my degree. Switching majors and schools was a big mess for me and I made the difficult decision to not pursue a math degree with, what I feel, was not a whole lot of information or knowledge of what I was capable of. My friend keeps asking my why I am not a Math major and I keep telling him its because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in school. I needed to see an end to this. I needed to move on with my life. But it wasn't until he told me "You should have been a Math Major" that I started to feel some regret about my decision. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be done (almost). I am happy to be moving onto the next step. I am happy in the path I am taking. But there is that little voice in my head now saying "You should have been a Math Major." I know it's a normal voice. I am sure many people hear the same voice as they come to the end of their schooling. But there it is... The little voice inside my head...

No comments: