Saturday, October 11, 2014

I Don't Do Scary...

So... Funny story...

Last night I got home from work, crashed on the couch, got caught up on some of my shows, made some grilled cheeses and tater tots, did some homework... You know... the usual Friday night awesomeness. Later, Sass and her mom came over and me, Megan, and Kailee went with them to Parlor. Now... Let me try to explain Parlor to you in the best way possible... Imagine an ice cream shop, that puts their icecream into a donut and makes this sort of donut-ice-cream-sandwich with all sorts of toppings that you would not always think to put with icecream. Last night I got a coffee ice cream on a glazed donut with almonds, cocoa puffs, and nutella... Let's just say, I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack right then and there....

It must have been the ice cream/donut sandwich high that I was on because what happened next still baffles me. We started trying to figure out what else we wanted to do. The night was still young (or at least it would be young for the young people I was with... sometimes I pretend to be young still, but I really pay for it the next day...) and we wanted to do something fun. Somehow, someone suggested that we go to a Haunted House and it seemed that I was faced with the choice of either going to a Haunted House or a Scary movie... Now, I DON'T DO SCARY! Like ever! I hate being scared. It is not fun. I do not enjoy it. Just say no to scary.

Last night... I said yes...

We went to a Haunted House which was supposedly only 5-6 minutes but it honestly felt SO MUCH LONGER!!!! The owner gave us an expired Groupon deal that was a two of one thing so we only paid about $7 each. When we got in line to go inside, there were several "actors" (is that what you call them? The crazy people who dress up and like to scare people) outside already creeping up on us. I instantly hide behind Kailee and backed up against a wall. Our group of 5 was then split into two groups; Megan and Sass, and Sass's Mom, Kailee, and I. There was another girl behind us in line who was attacked by some of the actors and physically dragged into the Haunted House, kicking and screaming the entire time. The lady at the door then told us that the actors can touch up but we were not allowed to touch them... WHAT??? No! No NO NONONO!!!!

Megan and Sass went in first and our group followed not too long after them. We made Sass's mom go first so that she could protect us, followed by Kailee and me who had quickly changed from holding onto the back of Kailee sweatshirt to wrapping my arms around her and burrying my face into her back. When we walked in, we were confronted with several terrifying characters who backed us up against the wall. We were screaming and screaming and instantly wanted to backout and be done. The lady at the front even gave us the option of backing out through the "Wuss Door." Somehow we continued on, screaming the ENTIRE TIME. I wish I could tell you what was there but all I remember is lots of flashing lights, screaming, people touching my legs and rubbing up against me, Kailee's sweatshirt, and the back of my eyelids. How we made it through the rest of the Haunted House I have no idea. All I know is I cried THE ENTIRE TIME and my watch broke. When we finally made it out, everyone in front of me took off running and I ran and ran until I found a place on the concrete where I curled up into the fetal position and just cried... By the time I finally came out of the fetal position I attempted to fix my watch but couldn't control the shaking of my hands...

At the end they gave us all buttons that say "No Wuss Here." Pretty sure I'm still a Wuss. I DON'T DO SCARY!!!! 

It was quit the night to say the least... My back is beyond sore from being hunched over and hiding in Kailee's sweatshirt. I am pretty sure I NEVER want to do something like that again. Enjoy the video of our group coming out of the Haunted House complete with screaming and running away from scary people with chainsaws...


No comments: