Monday, April 13, 2015

Is That Bad???

Yesterday in church I had a thought (yes my last post had lots of thoughts and yes all of these different thoughts happened over the course of the same service... You have no idea what goes on in my head... sometimes I think if people only knew... anyway...). This particular thought came during the meet and greet part of the service. You know the one? When the announcer tells you to say hi to the people around you and you turn around and shake hands with everyone within an arms reach of you and politely say hello and hope that you don't have to introduce yourself because then you have to say your name which they instantly mispronounce so you have to correct them and then their name which you instantly forget because you are an awful person and care but don't really care... And repeat... (BTW: writing that last sentence was so fun... hahaha) It was during this time that I noticed an attractive man (well... two of them actually...) across the aisle from me. Ring check. No ring. And kept sort of trying to make accidental eye contact with him so that I would be obligated to take the literally 4 steps across the aisle to introduce myself to him. The eye contact never happened and by the time I had planned out what to say and worked up enough courage to walk across the aisle and introduce myself, everyone had already started to sit down and the moment passed. (Yes my last post was about overcoming fear, but I haden't heard the message yet... so don't judge me...)

Long story, sorry, but I promise I am getting to my thought and I think it's worth it. My thought was that I should join a community group at church. Now obviously community is a HUGE part of my faith and it's something that I have been searching for since moving up to Sacramento. I have a family community here and have felt loved and supported in that regards, but I have missed the church community that I once had. So yeah of course I should join a community group right? I mean, this is the first church I have been at that I feel like I actually would enjoy community groups. 

But here is why I wanted/want to join one. If I join a community gorup maybe I will meet a good, single Christian man. Is that awful? Am I allowed to join a community group when really the main reason I want to join is to hopefully meet a single man and fall in love and live happily ever after? 

Yes I could try to justify it all day and say, well, God says we should be in community. And it's biblical to partner with people in the church. And if I join then I can meet new people and maybe find some new friends. And it would get me more involved in the church and blah blah blah blah BLAH!

Is it awful that the primary reason I would join a Community Group would be to meet Single Christian men???

(No seriously, I am asking??? I need some feedback here...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's not wrong. We all do things with other intentions, but God truly knows our heart and wants to give us the desire of our hearts. He will bless you through his mysterious ways and probably surprise you too. Go for it!