Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thank You???

Yesterday I was at the grocery store and as I walked in I saw a heavyset, black man and accidentally made eye contact with him. Well, when I make eye contact with someone, I usually smile and do the nod to say hello. I don't know, it's just how I was raised I guess. To be polite.

Anyway, he ended up getting one of those electric carts and was driving around shopping. I saw him again while I was in the produce section picking out some nectarines. He backed his little cart up *BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP*. You know what I'm talking about. Then he started talking to me. He said "Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude. I'm not a creep I promise. I have a wife. I respect women. I'm not trying to be creepy. I'm married and I'm fat and my wife is fat. But I just have to tell you, you are Damn Sexy!"

Um... what? Excuse me? Thank you??? What was I supposed to say? He was trying so hard to be nice and respectful and not creepy but was totally creepy and disrespectful and rude. I was so offended and bothered but didn't want to be rude to him so I just responded, "Oh wow, thank you. That's so nice of you to say..."

Then he kept talking... "Yeah, you are just so sexy. I just wanted to tell you because I think that women should know. And I'm not trying to be creepy. I respect women. And oh I love your rose (*referring to the tattoo on my arm*). Its so pretty. But yeah. You are just so sexy. Are you married? No? Oh. You got kids? No? Really? Are you dating? No? Why Not? Don't want to? Would you date me? If I asked you would you date me?"

By that point I was able to pull away from the conversation. I honestly didn't know what to do. I was so creeped out and bothered by the whole situation and I wished that someone was there with me to save me from the conversation. It was awful and super creepy. Here's a hint, if you have to preface your statement with, "I'm not trying to be creepy..." you are probably a creep and should probably stop talking... Just FYI...

No comments: