Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sisterhood

Well, I did it. I took a huge leap of faith and joined a community group. Well... It's not really a community group. It's actually called a Sisterhood group. Basically it's a group of 5 women who are committed to meeting and praying for one another in an effort to build relationships and grow as a community. Not exactly the best way to try to meet my future husband, but at least I am getting involved and meeting people.

Today we met for the first time and had breakfast together. For those who know me and my introverted ways, this was a HUGE step for me. Going to breakfast with a group of people I know NOTHING about??? So not something in my comfort zone. But I went and it was actually nice. The three other girls who came today were kind and easy to talk to. They are all married which makes me the odd man out, but what was so nice and so different than any other church group I have attempted to connect with is they never once asked me if I was married or had a boyfriend. They didn't want to know that information. Or maybe they wanted to know but it wasn't their top priority. They wanted to know me. Who I am. By myself. What I do. Why I am here. It was refreshing to say the least.

No comments: