Thursday, October 26, 2006

I AM SMART!!!!

Today, I had a stunning realization; I AM ACTUALLY SMART!

Now here me out. This semester has been really hard on me. I just haven't been that excited to be at school. Don't get me wrong, I love my classes (Sign Language, Public Speaking, Human Anatomy, and History and Philosophy of Sport), I just haven't been as into this semester as I have in the past. I have even been thinking about taking a semester off or even dropping out. I had my midterms last week and when I got them back I was... less then thrilled on how I did. So I kinda had to kick myself in the butt to get focused.

So anyway, back to my Ah Ha! moment today. Since I have been paying more attention in class, I have been able to follow my once very confusing professor (who looks like a Eugene Levy-Super Mario mix) in his lectures. He gives out these worksheets that we are supposed to fill in as he letures. For the first time this entire semester I was able to listen to what he said and fill in the blanks, while still understanding what he said. It was a remarkable feeling to know that I do actually belong in college and I can pull this off.

Anyway I know it's probably not that big of a deal, but it was a wonderful feeling walking away form that class and knowing that I am going to kick butt on my next exam.

No comments: