Friday, July 04, 2008

Chaos and then Some

This post is mainly for Martha (which, I didn't even know that you read my blog because you never comment on any of my posts...) but since it has been forever since I have posted, I thought I would throw out a brief catch up before taking my 60 children (camp has begun) to the fireworks.

So, we are just finishing our first session of camp (first two weeks) which means that all of our 2A campers will be going home tomorrow and all of our 2B and 4B campers will be moving into the dorms. This session was SUPER stressful with ACA accreditation and crazy children (one of which we sent home early) and the lice scare and the 4th of July... but things are getting a little better (just in time for out next group to show up...). I will have to do a full catch up later when I have more time, but for now, you will just have to be satisfied with the teasers (Martha...).

3 comments:

Mom Martha said...

I love getting to read your blog...although you didn't know that I did, and to keep up with what is going on. Especially after our "shared" yet "separate" tears know that I love you dearly and do care about what is happening in your life. I praise God for you and I think you are super special~!
Mom Martha

Christine H. said...

Okay, I clicked on the "lice" link and I must say that it is not the image you want in your head right before going to bed! Thanks!

Mom Martha said...

Christine, I am totally laughing at this point...You caused me to click on the "lice" link and can you imagine this going on in your hair?


Adult head lice reproduce sexually, and copulation is necessary for the female to produce fertile eggs. Pairing can begin within the first 10 hours of adult life.[1] After 24 hours, adult lice copulate frequently, with mating occurring during any period of the night or day.[1][12] Mating attachment frequently lasts more than an hour.[12] Young males can successfully pair with older females, and vice versa.[1]


Females lay an average of 3-4 eggs daily.[citation needed] During its lifespan of 4 weeks a female louse lays 50-150 eggs (nits).[

ekekekekekeke creepy thought~! Catch them before while they are young and have not had time to spread this way...:)

Thanks for the visuals and the info~! Now you know why I have never commented! It is safer that way!