Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Who? What?

Ok, so, I just had THE most random reunion at my front door at 10:30 at night... Janae and I were sitting watching a stupid movie (The House Bunny... I do NOT recommend this film... it's pretty stupid) when we heard a knock at our front door. While we accept company any time, we usually have some warning, especially when it is after 9pm. So we were a little surprised and dare I say freaked out when we heard the quiet knock at the door. We looked at each other for a couple of minutes trying to figure out what to do. I peaked out the front window to try and get an idea of who was knocking at the door... When I couldn't figure it out, we heard another faint knock. So, what do we do when we are freaked out and don't know what to do??? We go run to wake up mommy.

"Mom, someone is knocking at the door... what do we do?"
"Turn the lights on for them and answer it."

So I turned on the lights and cracked open the door to find a very attractive young boy (and by young I mean High School) in board shorts and bare feet. "Is this the Andrews house?" he asked.
"Yes," I answered hesitently
"Does Grandma Linda live here?"
"Not anymore. She lives in Ventura."
"Well... I don't know if you remember me... You know Ray?"
By this time, my mom had come to the door. "Kelly? Oh My Gosh, I just saw your mom at the mall today. Come in come in."

Kelly used to be my cousin about 10 years ago. His mom was married to my uncle for a couple of years and I haven't seen him since before the divorce (about 10 years ago). My mom and him chatted for a bit. Apparently he had taken his girlfriend up to the Hot Springs (his car got broken into, but that's not why he came over) and on his way back to Ventura, he decided to come and visit Grandma Linda because "she was a really nice lady." While they were chatting, Janae got this eurica look in her eye. "Do you work at Skating Plus?"
"Yes," he answered
"Oh my gosh! Do you remember me?" So... a couple weeks ago, Janae went to Skating Plus with some friends for her friend's birthday. All of the girls were obsessed with one guy that worked there. Janae even asked him to skate with her friend for her birhtday. His name was Kelly and it was our cousin (well... kinda cousin...).

After catching him up on the happenings of his step brothers and sisters and step cousins, we invited him to come back when everyone is actually awake. And off he went to drop off his girlfriend who was waiting in the car.

Well, just some randomness I wanted to share with you. Things have been busy and crazy. A lot of bad, sad, good, and fun things have been going on. I have some pictures of the good and fun. A wonderful trip to Disneyland along with a day of Christmas Caroling. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Eschew obfuscation! said...

Lol! That's amazing! It must be the time of year for coincidences, 'cause this week John L. just happened to be in ATL, so Anna and I just happened to spend the day w/him, the three of us trekking around the area. =) I find that to be a great start to the year of 2009. The post earlier was about my sister- which is funny, since it reminded you of yours. Ya think it's just a teenage girl thing?
Sigh. i'd like to write you a proper e-mail sometime... so check your facebook messages periodically. =)
wishing you a happy, blessed 2009!
Kate