Sunday, August 23, 2009

God Is Good... Take 2

Just a little taste of what's going on and how God is good and something you can be praying about... My mom's best friend Trisha is not a Christian... she has spent most of my mom and her friendship making fun of my mom's beliefs (in a loving joking way where she respected it but didn't believe it). On August 9th, Trisha's 14 year old nephew was burned to death in a terrible car accident. This tragedy has completely rocked Trisha and her family but what is amazing is my mom has been able to be there for Trisha through all of it. The funeral is next weekend and my mom is flying up to be with Trisha. My mom walked with Trisha yesterday and she said that God is doing some amazing things in Trisha's life... She can no longer deny that there is a God and she can no longer deny that He loves her... She asked my mom why she would go up north for the funeral when she doesn't even know Hunter (her nephew) or his family. I love that my mom gets to show Trisha Jesus' love through this time... God is good and He has amazing plans for Trisha and her family but please continue to pray for her and her family... they suffered a terrible, tragic loss with Hunter's death but I know God is working through this.

No comments: