Monday, September 28, 2009

I Keep Rolling On

This weekend was pretty good. Actually now that I think about it, it was really good. Friday I went into work. The kids were all getting back from their camping trips which made for a mellow afternoon. The kids were all really good and I even was able to get off at 7 (about two and a half hours earlier than normal...) I had switched my sleepover duties with Tami so I could swing by camp for Seeds (the Jr High Girls retreat). I went straight over to camp and was able to catch the tail end of dinner and the evening gathering and campfire (my favorite!). After the campfire I went home and to bed just to wake up early the next morning for Counselor Coffee. It was really nice to hang out with some of the counselors from summer before heading over to work for the day. Work was good... The kids were still super tired from camping and were really mellow. My little 6th grader that usually exhausts me's mom came to visit him Saturday which was great. I actually got to just hang out with the kids and not have to worry about him. I got off at 10 and headed back over to camp for the Seeds sleepover party. When I got there they were having a dance party and I helped Nae DJ. The party went pretty late and then I helped Holly clean up/set up for breakfast the next morning. I think I got home a little after 12 and went to bed. Again counselor coffee the nex morning and then work. El was gone Sunday so I was in charge with one other teacher on duty with me. We went up to Santa Barbara for the day. She took some kids to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs while I got to spend the whole afternoon hanging out with a gril named Hevyn (all of her friends went home for the weekend and so we were buddies for the day). Hevyn is such a sweet kid which it's hard to see sometimes with the people she hangs out with. But it was really nice to spend the afternoon with her. We sat in Borders reading for a couple hours before getting some coffee and walking around people watching. We played a little in the Apple store before heading back to the bus. All in all it was a really mellow, nice weekend (despite not really sleeping at all... but you can sleep when you're dead right?)

For now I keep rolling on. Writing papers, doing homework, and just trying to keep breathing (I've been listening to a lot of Ingrid Michaelson lately so that is an Ingrid reference).

No comments: