Monday, September 28, 2009

Whatcha Say?

I just finished writing the rough draft of my English Essay on Out (a novel I had to read for the class) and I have to say I am filled with a lot of anxiety about it. Tomorrow we are having a peer editing group to get our papers ready to turn in by Thursday. I get so nervous when I let other people read my papers. Is it any good? Do I sound like a fool in my paper? Sometimes I feel like the things I say are way less then educated... is that how I write? What if my paper sucks? What if they laugh at me? What if it's terrible and I have to throw the whole thing out? Then What will I write about? What if I didn't say enough? What if I said too much? What if? What if?

What if's suck! I know that peer editing groups are good and I know I will get good, honest feedback on my paper, but I am still super nervous. This is why I like math so much... There is one right answer and there is usually a right way to get there... With papers and writing, you can say whatever you want and you may or may not get it right... We'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm going to attempt some sleep. Maybe since I got all of these questions out of my head I may actually sleep tonight...

PS: one of my new favorite things is the cover of Whatcha Say. So great!

1 comment:

Mom Martha said...

What if it is so great that they are speechless???? You have great thoughts and they transfer to paper!! Let us know how great it was!