Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This Is Me

Today's my birthday, and I have been thinking long and hard on what an ideal birthday would look like for me. I don't like birthdays (well, my birthday... I like other people's birthdays just fine). I don't like the attention that I receive the one day out of the year. Not that I would like it everyday of the year, but it's just a little bizarre to me...

Anyway, what would my ideal birthday look like? I think just a mellow day of hanging out with friends and family would be ideal for me. Not having any pressure to hang out with certain people or to really do anything. Not having to make any decisions about where to go or what to do because the people around me would just know me well enough to make those decisions for me. Just having the people that I love and care about the most around me showering me with their love would be enough for me.

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

...and Pop Tarts. I know you would love Pop Tarts with candles in them on your birthday! : ) Sorry I didn't get you any this year. Happy Birthday a day late!

Eschew obfuscation! said...

yes! that sounds so perfect. birthdays have been stressing me out lately, precisely because I realized that's what I want, and I want to make that possible for my friends... anyway. way to hit the nail on the head, friend.
Hope it was a comfortable, heartwarming birthday. =)