Thursday, October 28, 2010

Poems

Sometimes my grandma finds things from her past and shares them with us. The other day she found three poems that she wrote when she was younger that I thought I would share...

Dreams and Realtiy
by Linda Andrews

When I was a little girl, my hopes were all a dream.
Someday I'd be a mother, someday I'd be a queen.

I'd own a lovely castle, with children all around.
I'd have a loving husband, to share my royal crown.

Now I am not a little girl, but somehow I have found,
My dreams are a reality, my castle and my crown.

I have four lovely children, to give me love and joy.
To share with me their treasures, their dreams, and their rewards.

My husband is the fortress, in all that's said and done.
His strength and hope surrounds us, we're guarded with his love.

What more could I have hoped for, what more could I have dreamed,
I have the love, I have the joy, so few have ever seen.


Poems by Linda Andrews

I called to God in my distress,
I prayed for joy and happiness,
He told me just to love and pray
and ask no more than for this day.
He said He'd guide my every step
and give me joy of inner depth,
A peace and joy for each new day,
to guide in all I do and say.

I took Him at His word and prayed,
for guidance all along the way,
I asked no more than for today,
and prayed for Him to guard my ways.
He filled my life with hope and love,
with His great guidance from above
Now I have peace for each new day,
and happiness along the way.

2 comments:

ATSmith said...

these are great

Christine H. said...

Wow, these are awesome! She's quite a writer. Thanks for sharing!