Monday, January 16, 2017

New Year, New Me?

Last year was the first time I ever wrote down New Years resolutions. It wasn't something I did because I just assumed that I wouldn't be able to keep any of them. No one I talked to ever made New Years resolutions so I didn't feel a need to. Last year I made some resolutions. And while I didn't stick with all of them, something interesting happened as I wrote them down. I began to reevaluate my life and my present situations. I evaluated the past year, its ups and its downs, and determined how I wanted the next year to be different. Not only that but I set goals and wrote down ways I could make those things happen. It was an extremely humbling and refreshing experience to say the least.

Did I keep all of my New Years resolutions from last year? Absolutely not. But I did continue to revisit them throughout the year in an effort to remain true to the person I felt God was calling me to be.

For this year I have two resolutions (although, I'm sure if I really got down to it, I could write many more). But I only wrote down two resolutions this year and told other people about it so that they can keep me accountable.

1.) No Gluten for a year! I'll write about it later in another post but I have made some major discoveries in my relationship with food (#Whole30gains) and I am pretty sure I have a minor intolerance to Gluten.

2.) I am going to let my hair grow out for a year (with the exception of a probably necessary minor trim in a couple of months to even out my A-Symmetricalness, not a word but whatevs). I haven't had my hair long in a long time (mostly because I hate it). But I am curious how much it can grow in a year and I am interested in seeing what I can do with it when it gets longer. Pray for me as there might be more complaining about this resolution than there will be about the no gluten thing.

So that's it. And now that it is on the internet I have more people to keep me accountable (honestly just my mom and dad and my sister who still read this thing... but hey, it's something right?)

No comments: