Monday, January 30, 2017

Worlds Collide

Isn't there a song that talks about worlds colliding? I tried looking it up and found a song that I didn't recognize. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Weepeies come to mind but I couldn't find anything. It might be some obscure Christian musician that I listened to when I was younger... I'm going to need to do some more research on that one...

Anyway... I have been thinking about this idea the last couple of days. We live in many worlds (or maybe it's just me) don't we? Not intentionally but maybe it just naturally happens. At least the things in our lives create these worlds that we live in. We have our family world. And our work world. And our social world. And our church world... etc, etc... It's normal right? I don't see why it wouldn't be normal.

Some people are just fine leaving their worlds separate. Some people don't particularly love all of the worlds they are in but stay in them because it's where God has called them to be to that time in their life. But what happens when you actually love your different worlds and you would love for them to collide but feel like they shouldn't?

I have different worlds. I have my family and friends world. And by friends I mean the people I consider family. I love spending time with them and doing things with them. We are all constantly laughing and just having a good time. Then I have my work world. It's a world where I have made a few very good, close friends that I feel like I can share my life with and be given advice and kindness. Then I have my church world. Which is an amazing world full of support and love and encouragement and above all JESUS, which has been growing an growing over the last few years and I am loving every second of it. I love all of my worlds! I get something amazing from each one and these things are not exclusive to one group or another. They all make up who I am and who I want to be.

But what do you do when you have a party? Or a birthday? First of all, I am not a birthday person. I love celebrating other people... I will do that all day long... but this introvert does not like it when the attention is drawn back on her (why am I a teacher again???). So I don't do birthdays. But if I did a LITTLE thing for my birthday... who would I invite? What would we do? Would all of my worlds respect that I don't like birthdays, I HATE surprises, and am content being mellow for an evening just surrounded by people that I love?

I'm not really sure where I am going with this... it's just something that I was thinking about these last few days. Do you have different worlds? Do you ever wonder what would happen if your worlds collide? I guess the question really isn't about what and how other people react or act when your worlds collide, because you have no control over that right? All you can control is yourself. All you really have control over is being the same person in all of your different circles (probably a better word than worlds) and not putting up a front or a mask to try to fit into different worlds.

No comments: