Sunday, August 12, 2007

Jet Lag


My apologies to all who have been checking for an update on this blog for the last week. Things got pretty crazy once the kids arrived and any spare moment I had was usually spent sleeping or chatting with kids. But I am home (for another hour) and I am very very Jet lagged.

The conference itself was absolutely amazing! Despite losing my luggage (which I still have not received but am praying that God will one day return it to me), I had the best week of my life. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked (my camera charger was in my suitcase so I rationed my photo taking to try and make it last all week) but I think the ones I (and Ryan took some of them) took turned out pretty nice. Please take a look at my pictures from GEM-K conference 2007.

Despite some minor hiccups and a slight panic attack (don't ask, it really was stupid)... I have to say that this trip was nothing short of amazing. From rec, to worship, to small groups I had a wonderful time getting to know these MKs. Words cannot begin to describe the impact these MKs had on me. I hope that I can have that impact on someone like they did on me.

I met some wonderful people on this trip that I hope to keep in touch with. I would love to write more and I will probably be talking about this for days, but seeing how I woke up at 2:30 this morning unable to fall back asleep, my head is not really on strait. Please pray for us all as we leave for Hume. Pray that those who went on the the trip (Ryan, Darren, Sammy, and myself) will be able to give all we have and more to our kids this week. Pray that we will get over this jet lag quickly. Pray for God to do amazing things this week at Hume. Pray that we will be prepared for what God has in store for us this week. Please Pray for us...

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

I'm glad you're back safely. And you still have such a good attitude about your missing suitcase. Wow!

I am sure you made huge impacts on the lives of the MKs.

Have a fun time at Hume.