Friday, August 03, 2007

Sopron Day 4

Hello everyone from beautiful Sopron, Hungary. It is now day 4 of our journey and I am happy to report that we all made it here safe and sound. My luggage however was not quite as lucky. The whole trip over here was kinda a nightmare, but it makes for a pretty good story. Dave Gonzales drove us to LAX where we had to check in with United. We bought our tickets through LOT airlines which is a polish airline, so the people at United had no idea where our tickets were and they told three of us (not me) that they didn't have a seat on the plane and would have to wait with a standby ticket. Luckily they all got a ticket and we made it to Chicago.

On the way to Chicago I realized that my bags had only been checked to Warsaw (we were eventually going to Vienna). In Chicago we talked to the LOT company and they assured us that all of our luggage would make it to Vienna like it was supposed to. So we all slept fairly well on our flight to Warsaw (9 hour flight). In Warsaw we saw our luggage being unloaded from the plane and we saw my guitar come out, but weren't sure if we saw my suitcase come out. But we pressed on to Vienna (basically I passed out on that flight and don't remember taking off or landing but I heard it was pretty scary cause it was a smaller plane that sounded like it was falling apart). We made it to Vienna where he headed to baggage claim. Everyone's bags were there accept my suitcase, my guitar, and Kate's extra bag with some of our prizes and bullhorns and guitar peddles. So we went to Lost and Found... Long story shorter they said the would fly it over on the next available flight. They guitar (which was in Warsaw) is coming today and who knows when the suitcase (which was still in Chicago last I checked) is coming. But things are going well. They are just things and God is reminding me of that every day. Matt drove me into town today to buy necessities (Thanks again Matt... I REALLY appreciate it).

The GEM-Ks come tomorrow and I can't wait. I will try and post pictures and keep updating the blog, but I am not sure how many opportunities I will have to use the internet. Please keep the team in your prayers. Pray that we can all push our own agendas aside and focus of God's agenda, whatever that may be. Pray that we won't disappoint the GEM-Ks and that we can give them all the time and energy that they deserve. And also pray that we find my suitcase somewhere. I am fine for now, but it would be nice to get the things back eventually.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry about your luggage! Maybe I didn't pray hard enough...=) Have a great trip! Keep us posted if you can.

ATSmith said...

Michaela - you are such a trooper. What a great attitude you have ... I would be crying. I'll pray that your luggage gets to you.

Christine H. said...

Bummer! I've been praying a lot since Amber emailed me about it. I am so sorry, but your attitude about it just being "stuff" is a Godly one. Still, it's nice to have your own things in a far-away country. I pray it will arrive today! I love you!