Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Jerk

I love the movie The Jerk ("The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here!" So funny!), but this time I was the Jerk and it wasn't really funny. It was sort of busy weekend I suppose. I went to work Friday night and we had a social. It wasn't too bad this time around even though a ton of the kids were super moody this weekend. Sunday we went to the Mall (WooHoo! The mall). It's actually one of my least favorite trips that we do, but Nae came with me and we had fun playing and taking pictures in the toy store. After work my mom made dinner for my b-day.

Yes Monday was my birthday and I have to admit I was kinda a jerk (ok, maybe a lot a Jerk). Amber had planned out a wonderful day of hanging out with friends and I wasn't super happy. I guess I have never really liked my own birthdays because I really don't like having the attention on me and usually that's how birthday's work. So the first half of the day was kinda painful for the people around me (I am sorry for being a lame face) even though we enjoyed Coffee, Pedicures, and Lunch. After a hour of resting and thinking, I realized how much of a jerk I was being and realized I just needed to get over my insecurities and enjoy the love and company of my friends. So later in the early afternoon my wonderful friends picked me up in the "Party Bus" (Martha's Astro Van) and we enjoyed a wonderful night hanging out with each other.

In addition to being my birthday Monday, It was also my mom's best Friend, Shelly's first day of Chemo. She was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and is starting her fight. She lives in Elk Grove (a town south of Sacramento) so it makes it a little difficult to support her being so far away. In order to help her feel supported through this, we are all wearing our Stand Up 2 Cancer Shirts on days she has her Chemo treatments.

In other news, I finished my Second Assignment for my Digital Photography class. The first half of the assignment was to take compositional photographs (Rule of 3rds, C curve, S curve...). The second half was to take the top 6 photos and make them absrtact. Check them out!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

GREAT PICTURES!!! Well done.
Hope you are feeling rested and happy today.
I had a great time last night celebrating your life, and our friends.

ATSmith said...

Yeah!! Fun fun fun night : ) Love you Michaela : )

Mom Martha said...

I love your pictures~! I laughed at the double yellow line...glad you didn't get squished~! Cool idea~!
You are so loved~!!!! I am sorry that I missed the night but at least my van got to hear all~!! (Now if it could only talk!)