Saturday, October 04, 2008

Benches

This last week was kinda wild. I guess it started last Friday night at work. I was hanging out with Lauren after putting all of the girls to bed and Lauren kept telling me I should really try and get a hold of one of our co-workers from Summer camp. I told her I had tried with no response and I was just tired of pursuing it. She eventually let me know that this person had a secret wedding the previous weekend and was 4 months pregnant and that I REALLY should try and get a hold of her. Now, my first instinct was shock, followed quickly with anger. Not anger that she got married and was pregnant, but anger and sadness that this co-worker that I considered a pretty good friend didn't feel it necessary to tell me herself what was going on with her life. The next morning I got up at 4am to drive Holly to the airport so when I got to work, I was pretty tired and still really bummed out about the news from the night before. Then, I saw that this person was calling my cell phone. Because I was kinda pissed, tired, and working, I pushed ignore because I didn't feel like having that conversation right then and there. A couple minutes later, this person came to hunt me down in the Girl's dorm (and I hid in the hallway to avoid her for almost a half an hour). She later cornered me in the Health Center and said stuff like "Sorry I haven't returned any of your phone calls... A lot has been going on... A lot of things are changing... And I wanted to tell you this before you found out through the grape-vine..." I told her she was too late and I already knew... the conversation was awkward from then on. I told her congratulations (even though I don't think it was very sincere). I really am happy for her because this is what she has wanted for a long time. I am more just bummed that she didn't feel it necessary to let me know what was going on...

So the rest of the weekend was pretty mellow. We went to State Street on Sunday were I took a ton of photos for my Photography class (Assignment 3... look at them and please tell me what you think... Not just "I like it or I don't like it" but what works and what doesn't). We also took the elementary kids to the SB museum of Art. It's free on Sundays and there was a great exhibit of Picasso Drawings. Later I got a wonderful visit from my friend Elissa at Borders which made the weekend extra special!

The rest of the week was pretty mellow. My mommy was gone camping so it was just me and Nae at home all week. My Dad was coaching so I really didn't get to see him that much. But the house was quite and I was fighting off allergies that later turned into a little head cold around Wednesday. Now I am work again trying to enjoy the rain!

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

Cool picture!