Monday, October 13, 2008

Soap Stories

This weekend of work was really nice. A bunch of my kids went home so I actually only had about 19 girls. Friday night was kinda just a hangout night. Once it was too dark for the kids to be outside, Lauren and I sat outside of the girls dorm and played some guitar until it was too cold to move. Saturday we took the kids down to Hollywood and Highland to watch the Chihuahua movie at the El Capitan Theater. The movie was pretty stupid but hanging out in Hollywood wasn't bad. After the movie, we went up to Universal City Walk (which is one of my favorite places!).

One of my favorite things about taking a Saturday trip is being able to take the kids to the Farmer's Market on Sunday. I actually ended up not having any kids so I got to walk around and pick up some great veggies for dinner. While I was wandering around, I ran into my boss Dave who was chatting with one of his friends. He called me over to introduce me to his friend. After I introduced myself, his friend turned to Dave and said "It looks like you have a very competent assistant. It's important to have someone who is respectful and reliable as an assistant." There was some more back and forth stuff about me (while I was standing right there, feeling awkward that people were talking about me right in front of my face). Dave then started talking to his other friend and I was trying to find a good way to walk away in the least awkward way. Before I got a chance to leave, Dave's friend asks me, "Can I gift you with something? I would like to gift you with something." I politely said "Thank you so much, but no thank you. I'm ok." After insisting, she asked me when I was born. I told her September 22. to which she responded "Hmm, right on the edge... Are you a Virgo or a Libra?" I told her Virgo (funny cause I had just looked at some magnents at City Walk that fully described each sign... interesting). She asked "Are you really very much a Virgo? Does that describe you well?" I said yes (because I saw it on the magnent the day before). She picked out some amazing soap and put it in a bag for me. I thanked her and went on my way. The soap smells fantastic and I thought the whole story was pretty good. Only in Ojai right? Next Saturday is Ojai Day and I can't wait!

PS: I though this was the funniest picture of soap! So Great!

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

Oh yeah, I love Ojai Day, too.