Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election Day... WOOO!!!


All I can say about Election Day is "Man I am glad it's over!" I am so tired of hearing people discussing politics and crap, thinking that their way is the best way... I just get tired of it. I thought it would be better today, but I overheard some ladies in the doctor's office getting into it about Prop 8 and abortion and Obama. Oh well...

So, even though I am not a big fan of Election Day, I am a big fan of a (hopefully) new tradition Holly, Elissa, Janae, and I started. Yesterday was the first stop in Ingrid Michaelson's new tour and we all decided to go. The concert was at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. Since the concert wasn't until 8pm (even though we wanted to line up at 5pm since it was general admission and we wanted to get a good spot) we decided to spend the day at California Adventure and Disneyland. It was a super fun day and the concert was amazing! Not only did Ingrid rock, but the opener's, David Ford and Newton Falkner, were incredible! David used a looper and layed down all of his own beats and backround music and vocals before singing the melody of his very poetic songs. Newton Falkner was a super neat British guy with long crazy dreds. He did stuff with his guitar that I have never even seen before (it was practically 3 instruments in one...). He did a couple of covers (which I normally think is pretty stupid), but he did Bohemien Rhapsody which is one of my favorite songs and it was incredible!!!



Finally Ingrid came out and played (along with Allie Moss). She is such a character and was joking around the whole time, complaining about the mirrors catching her butt at a bad angle, laughing about the set lists with the word fart in every song... It probably doesn't make any sense, but it was funny and super entertaining. She is a great performer and if you know who she is and/or want to hear some great music, you should go see her tomorrow night at the El Rey theatre on Wilshire.

All in all, it was a great day, even if it was Eleciton Day! Wooo!

1 comment:

Alexa said...

UH . . . can you say "new blog post?!" . . .

Ha.

Gotcha!