Wednesday, April 07, 2010

LRC

I just got a new job at the Learning Resource Center at Cal State Channel Islands! The LRC used to be called the Math Tutoring Center but due to changes in the CSU system, we are supposed to be able to tutor multiple subjects. But anyway, in order to get a job there you have to be a student in good standing, have completed Calc II, and have a recommendation from a Math Dept faculty member. The LRC is short staffed right now so they were accepting applicants that are currently taking Calc II and were recommended by their professor. My professor recommended me and here I am. I have a meeting today for a crash course training session and I do my shadow tutoring next week. Then I start tutoring three afternoons a week for a total of 8 hours a week for the last three weeks of school (plus however many hours I want during finals week).

So now I am juggling 3 jobs, 17 units, the gym (oh yeah. I joined a gym and have been working out regularly for the first time in years), grandma, and maybe a life... It's only for a few weeks and then summer starts so I'm not too worried. I get a week off in between the two and then Outdoor Ed. and summer craziness begins. I can't wait!

2 comments:

ATSmith said...

such a perfect job for you michaela. miss you. need to get that coffee and catch up : )

mandrews said...

Thanks Amber! It's going really well... Yes. Coffee and catch up would be great... Just text me when you have time.