Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh The Tables...

Indeed the tables have turned... The last few weeks I've been watching my grandma attempt to put together some puzzles. Nothing too difficult. All under 50 pieces. But it's so sad to see how much she struggles with them. What makes it worse is she is the one who taught me how to do puzzles. I remember coming over to her house (which is the house we are in now) when I was younger and she was always working on a puzzle. Her coffee tables in her dark, smokey living room were always covered with half worked puzzles. I remember her showing me that the best way to start a new puzzle is to find all of the flat, side pieces and put the outside together and then work your way in. Since then, that's how I have put puzzles together because that's what she taught me. I remember she finished puzzle after puzzle (all of them in the 500 -1000 piece range), paste them together and frame them (which is funny because really, who wants to keep a puzzle...). Now I watch her do a puzzle and she has no idea where to begin. Today she said she was a little stuck and couldn't remember what my dad told her to do with the puzzles. So I showed her how to find all of the flat, edge pieces to put together the outside and then work inward.

Well, today I go back to work at OVS for the home stretch of the school year (only 5 or 6 weekends I think...). I can't believe that in the last 7 days I will have worked at three different jobs. This weekend, I will be going back and forth a little from OVS and FH because some of this year's summer staffers will be here for the video shoot. So hopefully tonight I will get to hang with them for a bit. For now, I'm just getting ready for work... Semi-formal social tonight... Good thing Elementary can't go... That means I get to watch them instead of the social!

No comments: