Monday, April 05, 2010

What's an Offering?


Happy Easter everyone. Hope you all had a great day doing whatever it is you do on Easter Sunday. Me, I work. I was really praying for a good attitude about working on Easter and it was sort of a challenge. El offered to take some of the kids to Sunrise Service and two of my kids said yes. They came and sat next to me the whole time which I wasn't super excited about at first but as the morning went on, it turned out to be really neat. One of my kids had absolutely no idea what she was getting herself into when she came and ended up asking a ton of questions. Questions like, "Why are they singing about Christmas?", "Why do they say 'Nothing But the Blood of Jesus'?", "What's an offering?"... My first reaction was "shut up!" (No I didn't tell her to shut up... calm down), but then I took a step back and realized that I get to share about Jesus to this kid who has no idea what's going on. When else would I get an opportunity like this? So we just chatted most of the time. She was bored out of her mind and played her Nintendo DS most of the time, but I was glad she came. I was glad they both came.

Happy Easter Everyone!

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

I love this! Thanks for being honest, and thanks for all the questions you answer.