Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fears vs. Dreams

"We don’t normally face our fears willingly. Usually, God has to woo us into the desert. We are either chasing love or some other desire, and we find ourselves in the midst of a situation in which we have very little control. And when we lose control, we go into a mild form of trauma. But the good news is the greatest stories are lived in the desert. The great lives are lived in the places we most fear. If we fear being rejected, the great story has us standing at the door with flowers in our hands, if we fear losing love, the great stories have us letting that person go rather than clinging to them. If we fear taking a chance on a dream, the great stories have us quitting our jobs." - Donald Miller

Yesterday I started my last semester of my undergraduate education. It's going to be a pretty easy semester as far as school work goes, but as I start to transition into the next stage of my life and figure out where God wants to take me, I definitely have been finding myself facing some big fears but dreaming some big dreams. Amber posted a link to Donald Miller's Blog yesterday that got me really excited about the future. I am excited to face my fears in pursuit of my dreams with the strength and courage that only God can provide. I needed to read this blog today and see this video. Thanks for sharing Amber!



1 comment:

ATSmith said...

love you michaela! so excited to see what God has in store for you in this next phase : )