Sunday, August 14, 2011

I was listening to a sermon last weekend about discontentment in our relationship with Christ. The pastor mostly talked about how discontentment is actually a good thing in our faith. We should never be at a place in our relationship where we think we have enough. We should always be desiring more and more of Christ. We should desire to be closer and closer and to know more and more about Him.

I was really convicted and somewhat encouraged by that sermon. I have never really been where I want to be in my walk with Christ and I think that's ok. I think it's really easy as Christians to get complacent in our walks and I struggle with that sometimes. We should be desiring more.

"When I search for You everyday, I find how whole you make me. When I lay down all of my will, I am found within Your love."

This is my desire. To search for Christ everyday. And to find myself in His love.

2 comments:

TheMicrophone said...

i've been thinking about this for the past week. really something i needed to hear. thanks.

ATSmith said...

well said mich. so so true.