Thursday, May 24, 2007

Past, Present, and Future

Today was it! My last day of the semester was today with my last final. I am now on summer vacation!!! I am so happy that I thought it was time for a new look on the blog. It seems that everyone is changing the templates on their blogs (Dave and Katie, Amber...) so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon.

Today was super fun and full of a couple of blasts from the past. The first one came in the form of a comment on my blog from a Lisa Hester (formerly Lisa Nash and formerly my favorite babysitter ever!!!). It was so nice to hear from her and if she is reading this right now I just wanted you to know you were my favorite and I was sooooo glad to hear from you!!!! I totally remember this one time Lisa was babysitting Sarah and I and her brother came over. It was definitely the only time I ever had a bloody nose in my life. Good times! I will definitely be reading your blog and keeping up to date on how you are doing.

The second blast from the past came in the form of a phone call. As some of you may know, I don't like to answer my cell phone 1. if it's a blocked or unknown number and 2. if the number that is calling me doesn't look familiar. But tonight as I felt my phone buzzing, I felt the overwhelming need to actually answer my phone. On the other line I hear a somewhat familiar voice saying "Hello? Hey Hey!" It was my good friend Stephanie who moved to Australia whom I haven't seen or heard from in some six months. We attempted to catch up on the last six months over the phone, but I can't wait until she comes back for the summer.

On a more futuristic note (since that's what I named this entry), my busy summer will begin in two weeks and then it is off to the races. It's gonna be a busy busy summer and I can't wait! Please pray that I will not lose my mind this summer with all the camps I am doing. Also please pray for me this Sunday. The Assistant Weekend Coordinator position is open at OVS Lower this next year and I have an interview. I don't want to get my hopes up, but this would be a great job for me and it is something that I would love to do. Please pray that God's plan will be apparent to me after this interview.

So that's really it! Summer is here and I am super excited to see what God has in store for this summer. We have some really cool people coming to work with us this summer and I can't wait to get to know each and every one of them. I will try and be better at updating my blog and letting you faithful readers (Amber and Katie... and anyone else out there that I don't know of)
know what is going on in my crazy life.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I like your new web look. We're back home in Ojai now. Give me a call...let's hang.

hestermom said...

You are so sweet! You must not have had many babysitters, seriously. But, we'll just not think of me as a babysitter anyway, because that makes me seem old!! Anyway, I was going to put a link to your blog on my blog, but I wanted to make sure it was okay?