Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ESL BBQ

Sunday I wrote a brief entry about my mom's ESL (English as a Second Language) BBQ, but I don't think I wrote about how much fun it really was. So I though I would post some pictures and give you the link for more BBQ pictures. Enjoy!


The kids came over and showered their teachers with flowers and gifts. We now have flowers in every room in our house.



Ryan (left) and Sam (right) after our water balloon toss.


Bin playing a little B-ball (we lowered the rim so they could dunk).

Hamburgers are always a hit!

"Do You Love Your Neighbor" turned out to be a hit not just for Youth Group kids


We even had a few broken chairs


The kids were all given awards from the teachers. Derek (the one bowing here) got the award for best Apple Shiner.
Janae got to hang out with her good friends Ruby and Shun


It was a really fun evening and I hope I get a chance to work with these kids next year. Check out the rest of the pictures through the link up top.

3 comments:

ATSmith said...

Great pictures. I bet the kids had fun. Great community atmosphere.

Katie said...

How fun! Darn..I didn't get the asian memo!

Christine H. said...

Great blog!!!
I love the pics!!!
Your blog is so vibrant and colorful and fun!!!
I love it!!!
And I love the name!!!
Did I use enough exclamation points?!!!