Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Bug Bites, Soccer, and The Fight

Well, I think it has only been a week since I posted last so I am getting better. Actually, the only reason I am writing this is because I had a semi-exciting weekend. Well, it kinda all started on Thursday. Thursday I went to school as usual, but instead of going home and youth group, I had to stay down in Northridge to watch a dance recital for my dance class. I had never been to a dance recital before (let alone a recital at CSUN). It was surprisingly amazing! I had no idea there was so much talent at CSUN and I didn't know our dance program was so good. It was really cool and it almost made me want to get up and dance (but not really cause that would be sad). Friday night was nothing incredibly special. I went to dinner with my family which was nice. We haven't been out together in awhile (let alone sitting down and all eating at the same time) so it was very refreshing to sit with my family and find out all of the stuff that they thought they told me, but never really did.

Saturday I had big plans of charging out one of my two papers that are due next Tuesday, but I got caught up cleaning the kitchen and making ceviche for a BBQ we were going to that night. So later that night we went to my Dad's friend Brett's house to watch The Fight (De La Hoya vs. Mayweather). The fight was pretty lame (I guess after watching a lot of UFC, I just want there to be a big Knock out, but oh well), but I got to visit with some kid from West Virginia. He actually plays football for Marshall University (you know the movie We Are Marshall; yeah, that school). He was kinda cool and it was nice to have someone my age there who is not busy flirting with my sister. The only bad thing (other then the crappy fight and the really really drunk people) was I got bit by a crap load of bugs. Brett lives down by a creek so all the bugs came up as the sun went down. Normally I don't have that big of a reaction to bug bites, but these must have been super bugs because I had three bumps the size of golf-balls all day Sunday and they got even bigger by Monday. They are going away now (Benadryl works miracles but I really want to go to sleep right now), but they were gnarly!!!

Sunday I went to Community which went really well. Later I got to go to the first home game for the Ventura County Fusion. It is a new semi-professional soccer team centered out of Ventura. My dad is friends with the head coach and his club team is also the Fusion, so the boys (my Dad's soccer team boys) got to be ball boys and hang out with the older players after the game. The boys loved it. The game was really good. Fusion won 2-0 against the San Fernando Valley Quakes. I can't wait for more games. Sunday night I got to rush to a leaders meeting. The meeting was very productive making for a wonderful end to an already great weekend.

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

Ha! I love the part about learning stuff from your family that they thought they had already told you. Ryan always starts to talk about something and mid-sentence I am like, "Um .. I have NO idea what you are talking about!" Oh ... Brett huh? Hmm ...
Sorry about the bug bites -- good think for Benadryl : ) It does make me a bit sleepy too! Hey -- we need to hang out sometime. Our movie adventure was a long time ago ...
Aren't finals soon? Maybe when you get out of school. This is sort of a long comment -- guess I should have written an email.