Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Jury Duty

That's right... today I had jury duty. It was the most boring thing I had ever experienced. However I did get a good deal of reading done. I look forward to writing a brief summary of the book for you all (it probably won't be very brief, that's why I haven't gotten around to it yet). Other then a long day at Jury Duty, this week has started out alright. Monday I had to go into work early which made a long day. However it got better when I took Mason to Sage's birthday party. It was super cute to see all of the kids there having fun and just being kids. After a long day at work I got to cool off in the OVS pool (oh the advantages of being a lifeguard and working there). We still don't have TV which is getting rather old. There are only so many Johnny Depp movies I can watch before I begin to go crazy (Finding Neverland, Pirates of the Caribbean 1, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Chocolat...). I have resorted to going to bed early the last few nights because there is nothing to do. My body really didn't like all that added sleep cause I am super tired. Oh well... what can ya do?

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey, when are you going to take me to that coffee shop on El Roblar? Call me!

ATSmith said...

Ah ... part of the big adult world now with Jury duty and all. Actually, I haven't ever served on a Jury in my life ... I guess all of that breastfeeding had excused me away.

Christine H. said...

I had jury duty once and actually prayed that I'd be on a jury. I was, and ended up being the foreman (foreWoman, forePerson???. I wanted to see the judicial process up close. It ended up being a hung jury, so I never got to say "We find the defendant..." Of course, that was all pre-kids.

So, you're a Johnny Depp fan, too? You didn't mention two of my faves, "Benny & Joon" and "Edward Scissorhands." You may borrow them, if you'd like!

hestermom said...

Okay, since you are bored, let me give you just a few items off my long list of things I would do if I were bored, and you can do them for me...then write a report on whether or not they were really that fun. =)
1. Bubble bath, with candles, loud worship music, and maybe even a silly magazine (I would probably choose Family Circle, but I'm thinking you could choose something more "hip")
2. Go to the gym, or do a workout video in my living room.
3. Oh, go to coffee with a friend!! And by the way, I would love to go with you sometime...
That's enough for now...hope you're not bored tonight!