Sunday, June 03, 2007

Unplugged


It's amazing how much we depend on media to keep us occupied. This morning I woke up and went to fold clothes and watch some TV before I started to get ready for church. I turned the TV on and it said "this channel has not been purchased..." and had a button that said click for more info. So I looked to see what the problem was and I really didn't get a lot of info. My dad checked it out and it turns out we turned our payment in a couple days late so they cut us off from civilization. As I got ready for church, I really didn't miss the TV. To be honest I really haven't missed it all day. Between Chad cutting my Mom's hair and going on a walk with my sister (and Toby), I really didn't have time to worry about the TV. However, now that I am home from my meeting and have a few hours before I go to bed, I don't know what to do with my time. It's crazy how much I find myself depending on this little box with a glass picture on the front to keep me from going absolutely crazy.

I don't know. It's been awhile since I last posted anything and this was what was on my mind. Things are going well. I still don't know what is going on with my job. Nothing is official, but I have heard good gossip. I will let you know what happens. But things have been going well. I had a really rough week with Mason. I think he is teething (again! He still doesn't have any teeth, but he will go through these teething-esk fits of inconsolable crying that can't be cured with much of anything). We'll see how this week goes. I am taking him to Sage's birthday party tomorrow which should be interesting, but fun. I can't wait. This will be my last normal week with Mason for awhile. After this week, OVS training begins and then it's right into our 6 week camp. It's gonna be great and I can't wait.

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

Thanks for being so open about the TV thing. It's amazing how much we really don't need. I found that out when we had to move out of our house for 6 weeks when it flooded. We did without SO MUCH for those weeks. Do we really NEED those things? And yet, here I am at my computer typing this and it seems like I'm a hypocrite. Do I NEED my computer? I went without it for two weeks recently and I didn't die! (Of course, then again, I had Eric's laptop to fall back on). Oh the madness!

It was fun at the meeting tonight; I look forward to those.

Are you going to be sad having to stop watching Mason?

Great blog entry tonight!

ATSmith said...

I love winding down our day with a good episode of Smallville, or something else. But, now that the summer is here, Ryan and I have found our nights to be pretty quiet. Of course, we will fill that all up with catching up on the Lost series ... I go through periods where I just don't want to watch any TV ... and then I go through periods where I really look forward to it. We don't have the TV running during the day except to watch Tivo'd doras and diegos ... so nighttime is really our only TV time. Hmm ... I don't think I really said anything conclusive here -- just some ramblings.