Saturday, July 14, 2007

2 More Weeks

That is right, two more weeks left at OVS and I think these are going to be the hardest two weeks yet. The last four weeks have gone by very well (very few problems and all fairly manageable), but after check in today, I have a feeling we are in it for the long haul!!! I would love to explain more but pretty much, we got some really difficult kids (well... actually, the kids are great... it's the parents that are totally crazy and over-protective to the point that they don't even want to leave their kids). We got a couple of celebrity's children which is kinda exciting. Definitely pray that I don't lose my patience these last two weeks. Pray that I don't have to deal with any crazy parents. Pray that we have a great last two weeks of camp. I have so much to write about, but it's all really confusing and no one would understand if I typed it all out.

I had a rough night last night at work (basically, I get really territorial with my work and when someone comes in and steps all over my toes, I get really REALLY irritated!) Plus it doesn't help when I am at work from 7:30am - 10:30pm. It was a rough day with James' funeral and trying to end a session and helping kids pack up to go home. But work has been really fun and funny lately. Every night we get to run around locking doors, praying that we don't get sprayed by the family of skunks that seem to be living on campus. Rough stuff... but it's been fun and I hope these next two weeks go just as well (if not better) then these last four.

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

I hope you have two more weeks of skink-free evenings! It was fun sitting with you in church today and chatting. You are a wonderful woman of God, if I haven't told you in a while!

Christine H. said...

Okay, so I can't spell the word "skunk." I think there is an animal called a "skink," so I hope you don't run into one of those either! LOL

ATSmith said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday ... I have been meaning to ask how you knew James ... also -- are we signing up for sewing class. I think we need to sign up before Hungary.