Sunday, July 22, 2007

One Week to Go!!!

That's right, one week to go!!!! One week until OVS is over and one week until we leave for Hungary! OVS is winding down. Chaos is starting to set in. Last night I had weekend duty which was really crazy. The scheduling got all messed up because certain dorm parents wanted the afternoons off. To make a very long story short, I was in charge of the girls dorm which is fine because that's going to be my job this fall. But it was really chaotic because I couldn't get or do any of the stuff that the regular dorm parents could do... It's tough to explain, but the bottom line is it was another crazy weekend duty.

Camp will end on Friday which gives me four days of trying to get everything together to fly over to Sopron, Hungary. I was getting a little nervous about a week ago. The finances weren't quite there yet (well, not even close)... I didn't realize how soon I would be leaving... I hadn't talked to anyone from the team in about four weeks... I was getting a little stressed. But God is good and has provided my with A LOT of last minute financial support... He put it on my Mom's heart to make sure I have everything I needed for the trip... He reminded me that the internet is a great tool of communication (I forgot I could email Ryan all of my questions and get a quick answer). I am so blessed to have such a great group of family and friends supporting me through everything I do. Please pray that I will make it through this last week of OVS. Also pray that everything gets pulled together for my trip. I know God has great plans for me during the month of August.

PS: Please also pray for Sam. She is scheduled for her C-section on Tuesday, but the doctor said that he would be surprised if she made it that long. Please pray that I can be as helpful as possible this last week... Helpful to Sam as she prepares for two infants... Helpful to Sam's sister as she prepares to hold down the fort with her own three kids, Mason, and all of Mason's appointments... Please pray that everything goes smoothly with the new baby's delivery. Please pray that Sam and the new baby are safe and healthy and that Sam can recover from surgery quickly to get back to taking care of Mason and the new baby.

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

I'm so excited for you! Bring me back a postcard!
I'll pray for you and for Sam & family, too.