Sunday, November 18, 2007

Orthodoxy vs. Orthopraxis

Well, if your read my previous post you already know that today I got the wonderful opportunity to return to Community. I hadn't been in almost three months (work doesn't allow me to go... but the kids are on vacation so I don't have to work this weekend or next) and I really REALLY missed it. I missed being around everyone, but I also missed the questions and discussions that seem to spark and spur me on to have more questions and conversations later throughout the week.

Today (Ryan has been doing a study on Colossians based off of the book Colossians Remixed) the study brought us to Colossians 1:9 (For this reason [because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all his people], since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.) and we debated whether sole orthodoxy (a true belief) or sole orthopraxis (a true practice/action) is better. It's hard to summarize the whole morning in blog form so I am hoping I will get a chance to continue this conversations this week with those of you who weren't there... (hey Deece, this is a hint... I sort of leave these throughout alot of my blogs entries...). Long story short, I was so happy to be able to go to church today and am glad I get to go again! (PS, Kate if you still read this blog, Thank you SOOOO much for the massage! It was so good to see you and talk to you again and again CONGRATULATIONS!!!)

Tonight is my last night with the boys which means it is back to the real world tomorrow. Have a great week everyone. If you are traveling, have fun, be safe and Happy early Thanksgiving!

No comments: