Monday, November 19, 2007

World Spins Madly On





Well I have been back from my "mommy weekend" for a full day now and I am BEAT!!! I don't know how you moms do it! I went over on Thursday night and came home this morning. Four nights of 1 am feedings (well, Thursday night it was 1am and 3:30am, Friday night was 1:30am and 5:30am, Saturday was only 3am but he was then up for an hour and a half, and then last night was 3:30am for an hour...) is not super easy. You moms reading this blog really are awesome for doing this for months on end without a break! I hope to get the opportunity to be as good a mom as you all are! Other than the late night feedings, the weekend went really well. I tag-teamed with their grandma throughout the weekend (she took Mason - 16 months old now and doing really well!!- and I took Caden - 4 months old and wearing 9 month clothing... those Icelandics are just giant people I guess...). They seemed to not miss mom too much (Mason seemed to miss her more than Caden...) and were pretty well behaved most of the weekend.

I am glad to be back in the "real world" now. What have I done today? I took a two hour nap this morning after I got home (I crawled into bed in my freezing cold room and was too lazy to plug in the space heater... so I froze!). I cleaned the living room and the kitchen (very productive for me in one day!). I went to lunch with Stephanie (Dude, if you still read this blog thanks for going to lunch with me... Coffee should be fun tomorrow!). And then I went to a spin class with my mom (Nordhoff got a PE grant and bought 40 Spin bikes and holds free -well, it's a suggested $5 donation but not required - spin class for whomever wants to attend on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4 pm). The Spin class really kicked my butt, but I will probably go back so you all should join me in my misery (it's really not THAT bad I guess...). After Spinning, we went shopping (Target, Trader Joes, Joannes...) and now I find myself updating my blog with my feet up (drinking a homemade chai and watching Robin Hood Men in Tights). As for the title of this blog, it's the title of one of my favorite songs right now by the Weepies. I thought it was sort of ironic because I went to a Spin class today and my World is Spinning Madly On after a long but fun weekend!

5 comments:

Sarah Belle said...

whatever goofball you're gonna be like the worlds greatest mom...Caden is HUGE!!! And Mason looks so good!! Ill see you tomorrow!

Christine H. said...

I love your new blog look!

Katie said...

Very cute pictures...you're going to be an awesome mom!

Ryan said...

I love that song too. I was playing it in Community one day...Interestingly, it is quite similar to The Benediction Song.

ATSmith said...

nice blog look ... glad you made it through the weekend : )