Tuesday, January 15, 2008

To France and Back... In One Night?

Last week marked the beginning of a new year of Home-group! After about a year's break, we all decided it was time to begin our weekly fellowship at the Smith's house. This year we are doing potluck style dinners with a theme. The first night was Italian (Amber had already made spaghetti and Tim brought garlic bread so we figured it was Italian night). We also played the 90's game which was probably THE hardest game we have ever played. I pretty just sat there the whole game... Well, until the Spongebob question came up and then I was on it! The girls ended up winning which was a nice change of pace from last year (the boys always won last year... But it will be different this time around).

Last night our theme was French foods. Each of us were assigned a different part of the meal (drinks, appetizer... and so on). Potlucks are always so funny because you never know what everyone is going to bring. For the appetizer, Cory brought hummus and pita bread (yes, it actually sounds a bit Mediterranean to me, but whatever... it was tasty). Tim made Lamb which was delicious! I finished up the evening with some homemade crepes for dessert. I think the highlight of the evening was Darren's contribution to the meal: French Toast, French Fries, and Escargot. None of which are actually French (well the escargot maybe, but it was still funny) but they were tasty! After two very confusing rounds of Cranium (we could not remember the rules and after reading them about 10 times, I still think we played it wrong), the boys took the victory for the night (I think we just had too many girls to keep the whole group focused but whatever...).

As random as this entry might seem, I really do enjoy Home-group. It's such a nice start to the week and with not being able to go to church, it's great to just sit and laugh with my friends on a regular basis. So I guess this is more of a thank you to everyone who makes home-group as fun and entertaining as it is! Thanks guys!

For now I am still on vacation. I actually start school a week from today so I am trying to relax as much as I can before diving into another crazy semester. Work started up again this last weekend so it will be nice to get a paycheck again. For now I am just trying to get back into the swing of things (including blogging on a more regular basis).

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

Sounds like a blast! Great pic of Corey; she's gonna love you for that! : )