Thursday, January 31, 2008

In Good Company

I just realized that I have not updated my blog since I was sick. Well, I am all better (well, almost... I feel a lot better than I did last week) and things are going strong. This was my first full week of school and I am excited to be back into the swing of good classes. The week started out great with classes in the morning and Home group at night. I am really excited to be going to home group again. It's so amazing to just sit and share a meal with good friends! It helps to just be able to relax and laugh with great people! Tuesday I actually had some company on my way to my math class. My cousin lives in Hawaii with her boyfriend and they were out here visiting friends for a couple of months. Long story short, my cousin is already back in Hawaii and her boyfriend Chris was leaving their car at our house and needed a ride down to the Metro Station in Northridge. It was nice to have someone sitting in the car to chat with, despite it being somewhat awkward (I really have only met Chris once before for about 30 mins so it was interesting trying to find things to talk about. He is a photographer and takes photos of rock-climbing, kayaking, sky-diving, cliff-jumping... in Hawaii. Check out his website). The rest of the week has been great. I have been blown away by the amazing green around us and the snow on the mountains really make me happy! Work this weekend shouldn't be too bad as most of the kids are up at Mammoth Snowboarding for the weekend. I will try and post again soon (maybe with some pictures of the amazing scenery we seem to be having these days). Please pray for me as I am getting ready to fly out to Kandern to visit Delice and the rest of the crew out there (I leave a week from Monday and I am SO EXCITED!!!).

2 comments:

ATSmith said...

we should try to walk Shelf this week. The views are amazing. It is so green.

mandrews said...

For sure! Let's do it! When? How's Tuesday or Thursday? I have been wanting to get up there since the rain!