Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

I know it's sort of a day late but Happy New Year everyone! I have been trying to figure out how I wanted to approach this post for the last two days, but I figured it was time to power it out. New Years is always a really funny time I think. People get so excited to start another year with resolutions and parties and all that. I am usually content with hanging out at home and going to bed early. This year I went to Amber and Ryan's house for a small get together and had a really good time (despite being the only one under 21... whatever... 9 more months!). As far as New Years resolutions go, I don't really like them. They never really work out the way you want them to (or at least for me because a year is a long time to commit to something) and then I am way disappointed in myself when they don't work out so I usually don't make them. I did go for a new look this New Year. It actually wasn't on purpose this time. Chad re-took his Cosmetology Boards (he passed this time! YAY!) last week and I was his model. For the haircut portion of the test, he rushed and wasn't really thinking and gave me THE crappiest hair cut I have had in a long, LONG time! Thankfully he fixed it on Sunday (it's REALLY SHORT!!!). I like the cut and the new color... it's just REALLY short!!! Thankfully it's just hair and it will grow back faster than I probably would like. As far as the picture goes, my mom and I went for a bike ride up to Solamar the other day and it kicked my butt! But it did make for some sweet pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you came with me. Everyone needs an ass kicking every once in a while. OOOPs! Did I say that?

Christine H. said...

Yeah, I have neber made a New Year's resolution in my life, I think. Maybe one time I did resolve to never make resolutions. :)

ATSmith said...

All those spinning classes must have helped you out a bit, huh? Yeah, no resolutions here. I feel like I make a lot of mini resolutions throughout the year as things come up. New Year's is extra special for Ryan and I as it marks our first date ... look where it got us some 12 years later! Wow!